Criminal Defense Attorney in Manhattan, NY
Let Our Firm Protect Your Rights & Freedom
One of the most frightening and emotionally overwhelming experiences in life is getting arrested, especially if it is your first time dealing with the law. A conviction can not only result in serious criminal penalties, but it can also lead to a permanent criminal record that can have a negative impact on every aspect of your life. It is imperative to seek experienced and skilled legal representation as soon as possible to defend yourself.
If you or a loved one has been arrested in Manhattan, look no further than Lebedin Kofman LLP to help you obtain the most favorable outcome in court. Our legal team can investigate your case, collect and examine evidence, negotiate with prosecutors, and ensure your charges or penalties are reduced, or your entire case is dismissed. Do not hesitate to let us fight for you in every step of the legal process.
Our Manhattan criminal defense lawyers handle the following crimes:
- Domestic Violence
- Federal Crimes
- Identity Theft Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Vehicular Crimes
Contact us today at (646) 663-4430 for a free consultation. Thousands of cases successfully handled!
New York Criminal Laws
There are two main types of crimes in New York: misdemeanors and felonies. Although a felony offense is more serious than a misdemeanor, a conviction can still result in harsh penalties, such as jail time and fines.
The following are the three types of misdemeanors in New York:
- Class A misdemeanor – Punishable by a jail sentence of up to 364 days and/or a fine no more than $1,000.
- Class B misdemeanor – Punishable by a jail term of up to three (3) months and/or a fine not exceeding $500.
- Unclassified misdemeanor – These types of crimes each carry their own individual penalties.
In contrast, a felony conviction carries a prison sentence of at least one (1) year. However, low-level felonies may result in imprisonment for less than a year, depending on the circumstances of the case.
The felony classes in New York include:
- Class A-I felony – Punishable by a maximum sentence of life imprisonment with a minimum term ranging from 15 to 25 years.
- Class A-II felony – Punishable by a maximum term of life imprisonment with a minimum sentence ranging from three (3) to eight (8) years and four (4) months.
- Class B felony – Punishable by a maximum prison sentence of 25 years with a minimum term ranging from one (1) year to one-third of the maximum sentence.
- Class C felony – Punishable by a maximum prison term of 15 years with a minimum sentence ranging from one (1) year to one-third of the maximum term.
- Class D felony – Punishable by a maximum prison sentence of seven (7) years with a minimum term ranging from one (1) year to one-third of the maximum sentence.
- Class E felony – Punishable by a maximum prison term of four (4) years with a minimum sentence ranging from one (1) year to one-third of the maximum term.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today!
Our firm is available 24 hours a day and seven (7) days a week for our clients because we understand that an arrest can happen at any time. We have developed close relationships with local courts, judges, and prosecutors to help our clients get the best possible results.
Call (646) 663-4430 to speak with our Manhattan criminal defense lawyer today.
Leave your TRUST and CONFIDENCE to them, 100% their expertise gave results done what's the best for you.- --E.C.
He was able to dismiss my case and save tons of money on future fines- G
This law firm is extremely professional and knowledgeable.- Jack
They worked, fought and won my case.- Bernadette
He got the case completely dismissed.- Gwendolyn